IATEFL-Chile XIV International Conference
22nd and 23rd July, 2016
Bellavista Campus, Universidad San Sebastián, Santiago, Chile.
ELT: Where are we now? Where are we going?
It’s been over 50 years since linguist Dell Hymes gave us the concept of “communicative competence” which revolutionized language teaching and
learning over the following years. Now in 2016 we revisit the concept of what it means to teach and learn “communicatively” and whether now in the post-methods era it is relevant to consider a revival of CLT through a series of plenaries and workshops from world-renowned experts and local practitioners during our XIV International Conference. We look forward to seeing you then.
Confirmed plenary speakers!
- Paula Rebolledo
- Scott Thornbury
- Claudia Ferradas
- Jeremy Harmer
- Lucrecia Prat Gay
- Paul Seligson
- Lisa Peter
– Universidad San Sebastián Bellavista 7, Recoleta – Santiago – Metro Station Baquedano (Line 1 and 5)
– Lunch: Meals won’t be delivered. There are numerous places to eat in Pio Nono, adjacent to the USS building.
– Disabled Access: Elevator access to all floors and most areas of the building used by IATEFL Chile. Please be sure to inform us in advance if this is relevant to you.
– Wi-fi (internet): The entire building has wi-fi service.
– Car Parking: The building has underground car parking facilities, but spaces are limited. Price from 7 am to 7 pm is $3.200 (more information about prices here). The entrance is by Bellavista St. #37. We strongly advise you to use public transport to and from the conference venue.
EFL Publishers, Bookstores and Institutions will be exhibiting their products and services on both days of the conference. We actively encourage you to visit them during breaks and lunch time.
Prices for teachers are:
– Pay on the day: $ 30.000 (2 day conference).
– Pay on the day: $ 20.000 (1 day conference).
Prices for undergraduate students are:
– $15.000 (2 day conference).
– $10.000 (1 day conference).
Prices for USS students are:
– $7.500 (2 day conference).
– $5.000 (1 day conference).
Online registration is closed. You can register on the venue the day of the conference.
You can download the programme here. Printed copies of the Final Programme will be available on the conference days in your Welcome Bags. All programmes (online/printed) are subject to last minute alterations in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. We respectfully request your consideration and understanding should this occur.
Assistance, Security and Information
As usual we will count on assistance from a team of Conference Ushers (kindly provided by USS) who are there to answer any practical questions you may have. In the event they are unable to help, please don´t hesitate to ask any member of the IATEFL Chile Committee who will also be at your disposal for the duration of the conference. Although USS has a resident Security Team and CCTV surveillance throughout the building, we ask you to keep any/all personal possessions with you at all times. We will have a luggage room at your disposal if you come directly from the airport/bus station. If you will require this service you must ask at the registration desk.
Accommodation for foreign attendants
We have no discount agreement with hotels in the area. However, we have created a list of the most convenient and close to the event hotels. Download the list here.